Canada Greener Homes Loans Program- a federal government initiative, provides homeowners up to $40,000 (interest free) to undertake eligible renovations and retrofits. Homeowners can take advantage of the Canada Greener Homes Grant, up to $5,000, and Canada Greener Homes Loans of up to an additional $40,000 to undertake eligible retrofits (potentially financing $45,000 worth of renovations).
Home renovations can be expensive and daunting. The newly launched, Canada Greener Homes Loan Program provides interest-free loans to help Canadians undertake eligible retrofits and renovations that reduce their home’s environmental footprint.
Maximum Loan Amount: $40,000
Minimum Loan Amount: $5,000
Repayment Term: 10 years, interest-free
Loan Type: Unsecured personal loanon approved credit
The first phase of the Canada Greener Homes Loan Program is now open to eligible homeowners who have not yet applied for the Canada Green homes grant or have a pending application for the Canada Green homes grant.
The second phase, to be launched in September 2022,will include homeowners who have already received the Canada Green homes grantor have requested a post-retrofit EnerGuide Evaluation (Energy Audit) but still have remaining eligible retrofits they are interested in doing, that have not yet started.
Canada Greener Homes Loan Program intends to help up to 175,000 eligible homeowners across Canada.
To qualify for Canada Greener Homes Loan Program, homeowners must:
● Be eligible to apply for Canada Green Homes Grant or the provincial programs for Nova Scotia and Quebec
● Be the primary resident of the home
● Have completed Natural Resource Canada's (NRCan’s) pre-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation after March 31, 2020
● Have a good credit history without being under a consumer proposal, orderly payment of debt program, or bankruptcy or equivalent insolvency proceeding
● Undertake retrofits and renovations recommended by an energy advisor
● Undertake retrofits and renovations eligible under Canada Greener Homes Grant
Canada Greener Homes Loan Program is not eligible for retrofits and renovations that have already started or completed.
Saaf (your hub for green home improvements) will help cut through the noise and help you make informed decisions by understanding the process, getting you quotes from qualified contractors in your area and showing you your savings from rebates on those quotes at no cost to you. Come check out our website and start your journey to savings and a better home with us. To learn more visit our FAQ page, contact us or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you’re ready, quote your project(s) to receive the best quotes from qualified contractors in your area, maximizing your rebates for free.